BE at KOKO - Festival after party
BE, the infamous Camden Party-Starters Arrive at Camden’s Most Magnificent Venue, KOKO on Sunday 24th April for a special SCI-FI-LONDON party night.
Get set for a bank holiday special, packed full of the finest forward-thinking live music and off-kilter electronica known to man!
The Line-up includes:
- MAN LIKE ME North London duo whose quirky electro-hip hop soundclash has been pleasing fans all over Europe over the last few years, most recently to be found in the kitchen at parties for an Ikea TV ad.
- ALI LOVE best known for his super-contagious dance-pop debut K-Hole or the insistent refrain of The Chemical Brothers’ Do It Again, Ali has most recently provided the vocals for Justice on their comeback single Civilization which comes out on April 11th.
- DRUMS OF DEATH Greco-Roman’s main man is a spooky skeletal being whose blend of techno, old school house and punk rock has caught the attention of many, including Peaches – who invited him to produce and co-write her 2009 Album I Feel Cream. Has toured the US with Hot Chip and remixed everyone from Tricky to Franz Ferdinand. Debut LP for release in May 2011.
- DAVID E. SUGAR innovative and highly influential producer-vocalist with releases on Kitsune, who also signed to Rob Da Bank’s Sunday Best label after Rob noticed his “chameleon-like tendency to smash a dancefloor whatever style he’s playing”. Memory Store LP was out in late 2010. First chance to see the 7-piece live band before they head out to festivals all over Europe this summer!
- FICTION3-piece from London who make awkward and cerebral pop music. Band supported Warpaint and Klaxons on national tours, were featured in NME Radar, Big Things was BBC6 single of the week.
- THOMAS TANTRUM angular post-punk upstarts who count Lily Allen amongst their famous fans. Have been touring with the likes of The Futureheads and Dirty Pretty Things since forming in 2008, and hugely anticipated second album Mad By Moonlight is due out on June 16th.
- VISIONS OF TREES make music which is a “bit other-worldly that has been sculpted by the city and the reality we live in and a longing to be somewhere else.” The duo are signed to trendsetting UK label Moshi Moshi, in 2010 supported the likes of Mount Kimbie, Everything Everything and Sleigh Bells, and are confirmed for Glastonbury and Bestival this summer. Ones to watch.
- Secret Guest now that would be telling….
- Stopmakingme Be regular SMM has carved out a reputation for himself with a residency at Fabric as well as regular appearances at Bugged Out and DURRR, playing oddball Italo-Disco to pulsating electroclash. More recently has become residen for Erol Alkan’s Phantasy radio station!
- Nathan Gregory Wilkins influential East London party-maker, Nathan’s History Clock label is a leading proponent of old classics, disco re-rubs and other edgy musical twists. And this is exactly what we look forward to in the Gallery bar for BE at KOKO!
- Slutty Fringe darlings of the blog community and BE residents, John Power and Tony P mix it up from proper house music to downtempo disco and just about everything in between.
There will also be a VJ providing live visuals, plus a few surprises around the venue.
BE at KOKO 8pm – 3am
24th April 2011
Koko, 1a Camden High St, London NW1 7JE
£8 Earlybirds / £10 Advance / More on the door
IF YOU ORDER TICKETS QUOTING "SCIFILONDON" THEN ENTRY IS ONLY £6.00
STAY IN COSTUME AND COME STRAIGHT FROM THE PARADE!!!
- Sun, 24th Apr 2011