A POWERFUL PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITY FOR REACHING
THE HIGHLY SOUGHT-AFTER 18-45 AUDIENCE... and more!
So, in bullets below -
SCI-FI-LONDON is coming. Thurs 24th April - Sun 4th May
• 11 days of fantastic film, talks, and sideshows
April 12th - The National SCI-FI-LONDON 48hr Film Challenge. BFI Southbank.
• Jury includes: Prof. Brian Cox, Danny Boyle and Warwick Davis
• 400 teams of filmmakers (around 3000 people) take part
• Prizes include BLACK MAGIC DESIGN cameras, Adobe Software, First look feature deal
• Partnered with New Scientist Magazine, who run a competition across their 1.2million twitter followers
April 12th - The National SCI-FI-LONDON 48hr Storytelling Challenge. BFI Southbank.
• Jury includes: Stuart Ashens (Youtube star) and David Bradley (Editor SFX)
• Youtube promotion and front page 'shelf' for the content's channel - huge exposure
• Prizes inc Winning Story on next LATE NIGHT TALES album series (Franz Ferdinand)
April 27th - The SCI-FI-LONDON Parade. Somerset House to BFI Southbank
• Hundreds of people dressed in their favourite TV/Game/Movie characters
• Variety Club are our partner charity, bringing extensive media attention
• High profile venues, route and guests
• After-party at the BFI
April 30th - 48hr challenge award ceremony - Stratford Picturehouse
• Celebrity guests giving out awards to winner of our challenges
• Hundreds of filmmakers in attendance
May 1st - The Arthur C. Clarke Literature Award Ceremony. Royal Society
• Leading authors and publishers at event
• Wide media coverage
• Most important SF award in the UK
May 2nd - London premiere of MOOD INDIGO. BFI Southbank
• Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind) in attendance at premier of his new film
• Wide media appeal and attention
May 3-4 - Wearable Horizons. BFI Southbank
• Weekend symposium on Wearable technology at the BFI
• Fashion show, 3D prototyping and more.
MEDIA AND PROMOTION OPPORTUNITIES
• Your logo on all print media including tagging on ads in New Scientist, SFX and others
• Full page ad in festival's souvenir programme
• Mention and logo in 30,000 flyers distributed across London
• Shout outs and competitions to our social media network (around 25k subs)
• Solus email to our database (10k)
• Video stings played in front of all film screenings
• PoS opportunities, sampling and literature distributed
• Festival audience questionnaire and data capture
• Overall exposure through all partners in excess of 5million OTV.
And this is just part of what we can offer you, lots of media attention, great audiences who trust us to show them cool new things, a vocal crowd of ABC1s with disposable income, a cool London event with international profile.
We are tight up against many of our deadlines, so this is an opportunity to grab now! Hope we can get you involved.
Just yell if you need more information. Our site is www.sci-fi-london.com
louis [at] sci-fi-london.com
We are an internationally renowned independent film festival with a smart, affluent, vocal, cinema-going audience. Not a convention, not full of stalls selling toys and memorabilia, but a showcase for some of the best science fiction film from around the world...
The London International Festival of Science Fiction and Fantastic Film, or SCI–FI–LONDON, is one of the world’s leading genre festivals. It takes place annually in London in April/May, with a mini-festival in October and satellite events running throughout the year.
- The festival is popular with a knowledgeable adult audience
- Our programme has proved influential on the worldwide film festival scene
- We have enthusiastic coverage from local and international media
- An ideal springboard to launch films as UK or European premieres
- A vast group of sponsors and partners demonstrates our communicative relevance
- A great place to showcase products and services to savvy consumers
“SCI-FI-LONDON Film Festival is a significant contributor to London’s film cultural life. The strong audiences achieved by its screenings are a testament both to the city’s appetite for science fiction film and to the work the festival does in bringing new audiences to the genre.“ Film London
The festival is known for challenging narrow definitions of the genre (‘the science fiction film festival for people who don’t like science fiction’) and our dedicated team of staff volunteers ensures we deliver one of the friendliest festivals around.
The website, www.sci-fi-london.com provides a year-round integrated portal with news, reviews, social networking and competitions while www.sci-fi-london.tv is a free internet TV channel showcasing science fiction shorts, features and interviews.
In 2014, the festival celebrates its 14th year.
TARGETED SPONSORSHIP AND PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
SCI-FI-LONDON offers an unprecedented promotional opportunity for reaching loyal, enthusiastic, educated adult consumers. This powerful opportunity creates high visibility,
not only among the festival’s large and sought-after audience but also through a targeted advertising campaign. We will work closely with your company to provide tailor-made options to suit your objectives and your budget, giving you maximum impact.
Below are a selection of our great supporters.
Our sponsorship and promotional opportunities include:
- Prominent visibility reaching more than 3 million people with a media blitz including strong Internet presence, posters and a high-profile print campaign
- Logo placement on the cover of official programme guides
- Advertisements strategically placed in our programme guide
- The privilege of sponsoring specific films, with your company name mentioned before these films and your materials handed to each attendee
- Product sampling at the festival venues
- Commercials on the big screen before selected films
- Visibility and links on our website, which attracts over 5,000 visitors per day
- Facebook likes and Twitter followers nearly 20,000 and rising every day.
- VIP passes and tickets to the festival for your clients and/or employees
SCI-FI-LONDON is truly honoured by the high quality of its sponsors, partners and advertisers, many of whom have been involved with us since the beginning. For our most recent edition, we were able to count on the support of over 35 private company partner-sponsors and advertisers. After twelve successful years, tremendous media coverage and unparalleled contact with the 18–45 generation, more and more companies are linking themselves to us as sponsors and partners in order to positively and effectively reach our audience.
Apollo Piccadilly Circus
London Film Museum
The Royal Society
The Royal Observatory Greenwich
Main festival 2014 takes place 24 April - 4 May.
Sponsorship packages can be tailored to include:
Visibility of your marks
Festival cinema trailer
Festival print advertisements
Festival online trailer
Sponsor press release
Festival fliers / postcards
Festival programme guide
Presentation of film premieres
Tickets and passes
VIP sponsor pass (Access All Areas)
Opening and Closing night gala tickets
Premiere film screening tickets
Exclusive screening for clients or employees
Logo on repeating boards under screen
Pull ups banner sites
Opening night film / Closing night film
Comedy/SF and Animé all-nighters
Sci-Fi Film making campus
Arthur C Clarke Award
SCI-FI-LONDON Parade, costume event
Blink of an Eye Short film screenings
48hr Film challenge
Stranger > Fiction (Documentary stream)
Advertising and recognition
Signage at the festival venues
Priority placement of ads in Festival Guide
Banner ad on our .COM and .TV websites
Your video advert on SCI-FI-LONDON.TV
Placement of items in All-nighter gift bag
Placement of items in VIP gift bag
Distribution of your materials at festival
Questions on Audience survey forms
Exclusivity in your industry sector
Recognition as sponsor to SCI-FI-LONDON
Use of SCI-FI-LONDON marks and logos
Pre-roll ads on festival trailers
Logos and links
Competitions and microsites
To discuss your involvement contact:
Louis Savy (Festival Director)
Email: louis [@] sci-fi-london.com
Frazer Nash (Pr)
Email: fnc [@] frazer-nash-communications.co.uk